List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: Regex rule assistance requested
From:       Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc ! com>
Date:       2004-04-29 21:50:23

At 04:42 PM 4/29/2004, Sloan, Craig wrote:
>I have got some spam just squeaking in under the threshold and was examining
>the contents to try to see how to bump them up and over. What I noticed,
>regardless of the contents, sender, etc., the Message-ID had @mx with either
>2 or 3 digits followed by the domain.  (Samples below)
>
>After trying to learn regex in 30 minutes and not getting anywhere, it was
>suggested to post it here (Thanks JC). Any suggestions on a regex to score
>this?

Something like this should match it pretty well:
header LOCAL_MSGID_PATTERN1     Message-ID
=~   /[a-z]{20}\@mx\d{1,3}\.\w{4,15}\.\w{2,4}/
score LOCAL_MSGID_PATTERN1 0.01

looking for 20 lower-case letters, followed by "@mx" followed by 1-3
numbers followed by .domain.tld

I'm running a quick mass-check on it, hit-rates to follow.