List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: [SAtalk] 30 seconds to process an email???
From:       Steve Thomas <spamassassin () sthomas ! net>
Date:       2003-09-30 23:12:14

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:32:23PM -0400, Jeff Koch is rumored to have said:

> Does it make sense that our maillog would report it take 30 seconds for
> spamassassin to analyze a message - and they seem to be short messages.
> We're running 2.55 via maildrop on a qmail system. The machine is a 2.4 Ghz

You need to upgrade. 2.55 contains some RBL rules for BLs that are no longer in \
existance, hence the 30 second timeouts. You could zero out the scores for those BLs \
instead - check the archives for which rules need to be disabled (I don't recall off \
the top of my head).

--
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."
- Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970)