List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    [SAtalk] performance tuning pointers?
From:       "Furnish, Trever G" <TGFurnish () herff-jones ! com>
Date:       2003-08-07 16:36:17

Hello,

I'm new to this list and relatively new to SA.  Currently using it in
conjunction with MailScanner (http://www.mailscanner.info).

I'm attempting to increase the message relaying performance of my test
system and I would very much appreciate it if anyone could point me towards
any source of performance tuning suggestions for spam-assassin.

I should qualify that though - I'm constrained by the method that
mailscanner uses to interact with sa, so I'm looking to improve only the
performance single-process model of SA.  Using spamd isn't an option
(AFAIK).

Perhaps there are SA temporary files that could be put into a ram disk?  Or
something similar for razor?  Any suggestions or pointers would be
appreciated.

-t.