List:       spamassassin-users
Subject:    Re: [SAtalk] New doc: Postfix + site-wide SpamAssassin + Procmail for individual 'spam' mailboxes
From:       Alex van den Bogaerdt <alex () ergens ! op ! het ! net>
Date:       2003-05-31 20:22:57

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 02:57:16PM -0700, Greg Webster wrote:

> 3. As root, create a file at /usr/bin/postfixfilter with the following
> content:   #!/bin/bash
>    /usr/bin/spamc | /usr/sbin/sendmail -i "$@"
>    exit $?

[...]

> 7. In /etc/postfix/master.cf in the "Services" section, alter the 'smtp'
> line as follows (the "  -o con..." SHOULD be on the next line:
>
> #
> -- smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>   -o content_filter=spamfilter:
> #
> --
>
> 8. In /etc/postfix/master.cf in the "Interfaces to non-Postfix software"
> section add:
>
> #
> -- spamfilter        unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>   flags=Rq user=spamfilter argv=/usr/bin/postfixfilter -f ${sender} --
> ${recipient}#

Is there something wrong with the following entry to master.cf
(and of course: If so, what is):

spamc           unix    -       n       n       -       -       pipe
        flags=Fq
        user=spamfilter
        argv=/usr/bin/spamc -x -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -i -f $sender $recipient

This setup doesn't need a shell filter which I think is A Good Thing.
Things seem to work yet I wonder what the gotcha is...

TIA
Alex