List:       spamassassin-devel
Subject:    Re: Should we disable/remove Razor?
From:       "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat.nospamplease () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-03-03 22:42:17

On Thursday 03 March 2005 23:24 CET Shelby Moore wrote:
>[...]
> So you are implying that if my free service has similarly compatible
> license and performs better than Razor, then I am guaranteed inclusion in
> the main because they only care if "Code works or it doesn't"?

We don't give any guarantees on inclusion.  But show us the code and the
license and we can talk.  But I must admit that I stopped reading your
other thread after I read the words "patent", "(tm)" and "100%
Accurate" (just before your MUA stopped to add In-Reply-To headers and the
thread was broken), so it might be a good idea if you also wrote some more
technical description with less buzzwords so one can easily find out what
AccuSpam(tm) is actually about and how it works.

> >I see alot of talk to support what is now vaporware that will help the
> >community by 'an order of magnitude'.
>
> I am have data which tells me it is much better than Razor.  That I know
> with reasonable (statistical) confidence.  What could be the boost to SA
> is unknown, although a boost from 95+% to 99.5+% (5% to 0.5% fnr) would
> be "an order of magnitude".

Again:  Show us the code and we might feed it to our algorithms to see if it
holds what you claim.  But no guarantees at all.  (Even if we don't include
it in the core, you will have a plugin which your customers can easily add
to their SpamAssassin installation.)

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>