List:       spacewalk-devel
Subject:    Re: [Spacewalk-devel] Problem building dev workstation
From:       Bo Maryniuk <bo () suse ! de>
Date:       2013-11-11 11:26:18

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 07:09:35PM +0800, Colin Coe wrote:
> Hi Bo
> =

> Just looking at this now.  I have a pre-built, working spacewalk
> environment and I want to turn it into a dev environment.  Does the
> script cater for this?  What options are applicable?

Well, it does as described: =

1. It puts the Spacewalk into a bare minimal JeOS, adds required stuff and
   sets up your dev env with an ability to deploy to a remote host (it does
   not uses symlinking, but rsync). =

2. Then you should git-clone the repository and run "bsp -r" within the
   "$SPACEWALK_SOURCES/java" directory (see "--generate-config"), and it wi=
ll
   try to assemble the whole thing from the current sources and will deploy=
 over.

You could try skipping step #1.

P.S. But I am not sure if the step #1 is still working (last time it seems =
be OK was around two months ago). Give it a try: after all, your VM shoud be
able to make snapshots... :-)

-- =

Bo Maryniuk

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG N=FCrnberg)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend=F6rffer

You have delighted us long enough.