List:       spacewalk-devel
Subject:    [Spacewalk-devel] browser_css_compliance -- proposing to drop
From:       jpazdziora () redhat ! com (Jan Pazdziora)
Date:       2009-12-22 15:04:36

Hello,

we have function

	# return a vague idea of how well the browser supports CSS.  note that
	# NN gets a 0, everything else a 1, roughly corresponding to CSS-1
	# compliance

	sub browser_css_compliance {
	  my $self = shift;

	  my $ua = $self->header_in('User-Agent');
	  if ($ua and $ua =~ m(Mozilla/4.[567])) {
	    return 0;
	  }

	  return 1;
	}

in PXT/Request.pm.

I propose to drop it, including rhn-browser-css-compliance, as the
list of non compliant browsers is by no means exhaustive, we don't
check for CSS2 anyway, and the percentage of Mozilla 4.[567] browsers
is likely to be close to zero anyway.

Please complain now if you disagree,

--
Jan Pazdziora