List:       spacewalk-devel
Subject:    [Spacewalk-devel] Opinions related to an RPM that stores XMLRPC API	scripts...
From:       bperkins () redhat ! com (Brandon Perkins)
Date:       2009-03-30 21:03:08

Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
> Brandon Perkins wrote:

> spacewalk-utils would be my preference.
>
> Thanks.
> Brandon
>
>> spacewalk-utils  or spacewalk-scripts is fine with me. We have other
>> candidates hanging around that fit into this package. Once we have this
>> lemme know and I'll skim thoguh and move some stuff into this package.
>
>> ~ Prad

Doing a quick, informal skim through my box, there are:

- -script*: 0
   -util: 2
  -utils: 22

So, IMHO, spacewalk-utils is the most consistent with other packages of
a similar nature.  I'm also anti-script* due to package naming in RHN,
Satellite, etc that has a *similar* name but used for a completely
different purpose.

I'm all about coming up with a list (perhaps on the wiki) with
suggestions of what things in  scripts and contrib we think we should
and should not add to this new package.

Thanks.
Brandon