List:       spacewalk-devel
Subject:    [Spacewalk-devel] satellite.certificate. namespace
From:       bperkins () redhat ! com (Brandon Perkins)
Date:       2008-11-19 3:45:32

Justin Sherrill wrote:
> Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:

> > > Would anything else go in 'satellite.certificate'?  Seems kinda silly to
> > > have a namespace just for one call.  The only other thing that I can
> > > think of that would go in that namespace would be entitlement
> > > information, and there are other ways to get that.
> > >

> > I assumed we were going down a path of adding apis about certificates,
> > so I figured we'd add a namespace.
> > Honestly I don't have a problem with having a namespace with a single
> > method, because if we were going to
> > add more, it's easier to have the namespace in now. But if this is a
> > single occurrence and we don't plan on
> > having other certificate type methods, I can live with it in satellite
> > namespace but I still prefer satellite.cert or satellite.certificate
> > > )
> >
> > jesus

> Yeah, if we can think of stuff that will go into a
> 'satellite.certificate' namespace in the future, I'd be all for it.  I
> just can't think of anything worthwhile :/
>
> Unless we can think of something, anything! that might go into it, I'm
> hesitant to make a new namespace.  It cluters up the the docs, and it's
> another class....
>
> -Justin

Its a stretch, but 'owner' and 'issued' are the only things
*potentially* useful.  All other data in the cert can be retrieved other
ways or is incredibly static.  Does anyone think we'll have many changes
for:

product
satellite-version
generation

I doubt it.  I do like 'owner' and 'issued' somewhat though.

Thanks.
Brandon