List:       spacewalk-devel
Subject:    [Spacewalk-devel] isSubmitted?
From:       jmrodri () gmail ! com (Jesus M !  Rodriguez)
Date:       2008-09-16 19:12:52

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Partha Aji <paji at redhat.com> wrote:
> I prefer the RequestContext.isSubmitted over the one in RhnAction. The one
> in RhnAction needs a dynaactionform to work. The one in RequestContext just
> looks at the ServletRequest and figures out.. There are many pages (example
> all the list* pages) where we are interested in the isSubmitted part of
> things. We'd have to assign forms with one column for each of these pages if
> we want to use RhnAction.
>
> Other thing is moving isSubmitted to RequestContext is useful becasue we
>  might want things like taglibs to figure it out..
>
> lets stick with RequestContext.isSubmitted()..

Then let's change the ones we have. The problem I have with yet another way of
doing things, is that we cause confusion. We already have a bazillion ways of
doing things, let's not add more without fixing existing places.

I mean this was done in a class which HAD an existing isSubmitted. If the
existing one is insufficient, then refactor / replace it.

jesus