List:       sox-users
Subject:    Re: [SoX-users] speech to .txt
From:       Jan Stary <hans () stare ! cz>
Date:       2014-12-28 12:33:12

On Dec 23 20:34:42, 4-werk@gmx.com wrote:
>    I was looking for a sox forum I tried audacity and was directed here.
>
>    I do not know the etiquette of this site so I will just start begging
>    for help.
>

>    The project I am trying to build is a speech to text system.
>
>    The system as 2 parts: first a sox filter to convert the mic input into
>    a binary file with a.. .txt label. The. .txt file is the in put to
>    another beautiful and free program called chatscript.

Does that mean you want the *.txt file to be a text transcript of the speech
that comes through the mic? SoX cannot do anything like that.

> Chatscript is
>    designed to let people make there own chat bots, I am intending to use
>    its most basic property. If the pattern in matches the pattern of the
>    rule then output the rules response. Or less abstractly, if the input
>    pattern matches the rule for P then it prints the letter P.
>

>    what I need sox to do is.
>
>    A) use the key board space bar to mute and unmute the mic.

THis is none of SoX's job.

>    B) to take 32 bit samples of the sound.

rec -b 32

>    C) to contain no clobber at first so I can generate the files to go
>    into the rules to be matched against.

I don't really know what you mean; what "clobber"?

>    D) maximize The gain without clipping.

See the 'gain' effect.

>    E) no dither or other noise.

-D

>    F) multi thread, to process the tracks in parallel.

What "tracks", and why does that imply it needs to run multithread?

>    G) divide this into 2 tracks, if possible one the inverse of the other.

Divide what?

>    H) using the echo function (not echoes) add multiepal echoes to each
>    track, these echoes should be at the same volume as the track and have
>    no decay. It is these echoes superimposed on there original track that
>    carry the information about how the sound is changing with time.

The signal itself carries that information.
Why do you need the echo, exactly?

>    I) one track would have delays of 11, 17, 23, 31, 47 millisecond. And
>    he other would be 13, 19, 29, 37, 53,, millisecond.

Why?

>    J) these 2 tracks are then c

What?