List:       sox-users
Subject:    [SoX-users]  using synth to combine many sinewaves
From:       a1s2d3f4 <anatoly_larkin () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2012-11-06 23:43:22

Trying to synthesize various types of effects using 'synth'.

In one case, I want to combine a whole bunch of sinewaves, entering one
after another e.g. 300Hz, a second later, 301Hz, a second later 302Hz,.....

So far I have something like:

sox -n "asdf.wav" synth sin 301 sin 302 sin 303 sin 304 sin 305
etc.................. fade h .01 200 1.5  delay 0.0 1.0 2.0 3.0 4.0  etc
.... remix - norm -3

This works fine, EXCEPT it takes forever, and I run out of command line
buffer at some point - I want to be able to combine thousands of sinewaves
in a similar fashion

Is there a workaround?

(I use Windows)