List:       sox-users
Subject:    Re: [SoX-users] DAT file documentation
From:       Chris Bagwell <chris () cnpbagwell ! com>
Date:       2011-11-22 20:59:09

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Jan Stary <hans@stare.cz> wrote:
> On Nov 22 07:34:51, jim Schimpf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 In the SOX documents it says the DAT file is text file of th=
e signal data with the first line being a single value of sample rate and s=
ubsequent lines being time and the the wave value scaled from -1 to 1.

>> =A0 =A0 =A0 When I make a file like this SOX says it cannot find the sam=
ple rate,

>> 8000 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<-- Sample rate
>> 0 0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
<-- First time & sample
>> 0.000125 0.105667 =A0 =A0 <-- Next?
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 :
>>

>> =A0instead if I make it of the form: (which matches the output created b=
y having sox output a DAT file)

>> ; Sample Rate 8000
>> ; Channels 1
>> 0 0
>> 0.000125 0.105667
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 :
>>
>> then it works just fine.
>>
>> Did I miss something or should the documentation be amended ?
>

> This git patch still needs to be edited to include the
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0; Sample Rate 48000
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0; Channels 2
>
> lines; I never got around to learning the man syntax
> properly, so please someone finish this.
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Jan

Thanks, Jan.  I have committed the patch and updated it to include an examp=
le of
header like you showed above.

Chris

---
All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure =

contains a definitive record of customers, application performance, =

security threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this =

http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-novd2d