List:       sox-devel
Subject:    [SoX-devel] [ sox-Bugs-2917381 ] sox hangs when downsampling by 2
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2011-10-10 16:24:42

Bugs item #2917381, was opened at 2009-12-19 01:56
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by uklauer
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=110706&aid=2917381&group_id=10706

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
A strange problem in my system: when I try to downsample a wav file by a factor of \
two,  sox hangs (high cpu load, nothing writen to the output)
Eg. assuming a.wav has 44100Hz rate, this command hangs
   sox a.wav b.wav rate 22050
The problem does not seem to appear with other conversion. It also works ok if I
chain the resampling as
   sox a.wav b.wav rate 36000 rate 22050

The problem seems independent of file size.

My setup: sox 14.3.0  , windows XP SP3, Spanish Lang, Pentium IV. I checked that no \
other cygwin dll is in the path. Strangely, the problem does not happen in another \
computer with winXP SP3 in english.