List:       soot-list
Subject:    Re: [Soot-list] Soot as a library
From:       Eric Bodden <eric.bodden () uni-paderborn ! de>
Date:       2019-10-22 8:18:09

Hi Faridah,

I think this actually could be done, but you would have to…

1.) Make sure that the source code for the methods is self-contained because Soot \
will want to load any types referenced within those methods.

2.) Extend Soot's source-code frontend to load from your in-memory representation \
instead from a file. This should be possible by providing another ClassSource. Have a \
look at Soot's SourceLocator for this.

A Jimple body is then easy to access: simply obtain the appropriate class from the \
Scene, then call getMethod(..) on it and then getActiveBody() on that SootMethod.

Best wishes
Eric