List:       soot-list
Subject:    [Soot-list] Generating Local Variable Table in .class output
From:       Naveen Neelakandan <neelakandan () wisc ! edu>
Date:       2015-10-05 7:35:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I am looking to see if Soot has some command line option to generate / retain the \
local variable table in the .class output. Basically an equivalent of javac's -g:vars \
option. I am aware of the

-p jb use-original-names:true

option and have tried it, but it seems that it only retains the variable names in the \
.jimple output and not in the .class files. Searching through the mailing list  \
brings up these 2 related posts where it is mentioned that such support was not \
available in Soot and had to be implmented by the user by adding a new tag to each \
SootMethod.

https://mailman.cs.mcgill.ca/pipermail/soot-list/2010-May/002953.html

https://mailman.cs.mcgill.ca/pipermail/soot-list/2013-November/006379.html

I'm just wondering if anything has changed since then or will I have to write a patch \
for soot for this?

Thanks,

Naveen