List:       soot-list
Subject:    Re: [Soot-list] VTable for Java
From:       "Bodden, Eric" <eric.bodden () sit ! fraunhofer ! de>
Date:       2015-03-30 7:03:36

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Hi Naveen.

Best use Scene.v().getHierarchy() to browse Subclasses.

Cheers,
Eric

On Mar 29, 2015 13:53, Naveen Neelakandan <neelakandan@wisc.edu> wrote:

Hello,

I am working with Soot on a project. I was wondering if there was any way for me to \
obtain a VTable equivalent for Java classes from Soot?

Basically, for a given class, I would like to know for each method in that class, \
which of the sub-classes override that method. So for instance if I have a super \
class Animal with a method run() and 2 sub-classes Cat and Dog that override run(), I \
would like to be able to be able to query for these 2 sub-classes. What is the \
easiest way in which I can do this in Soot?

If there is no direct support, I am thinking I have to traverse all the classes \
myself and create a VTable-like data structure myself? I would appreciate any help \
with this.

Thanks,

Naveen Neelakandan