List:       sonar-user
Subject:    Re: [sonar-user] Complete backup
From:       Giacomo Boccardo <gboccard () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-09-30 17:59:24

* David Racodon wrote, On 09/30/13 11:21:
> Hi guys,
>
> These projects settings are stored in the database. If you backup the
> database, you backup these projects settings. So what's the point?
> What is exactly your use case that make you want to extract these
> settings in XML?
The point is that the configurations are extremely smaller (and usually
quite constant in size over time) than all the statistics collected, so
it's obviously less time and space consuming to backup only them.

I suppose that the current (partial) "Backup/Restore" feature has been
developed for that reason.

Regards,
  Giacomo Boccardo.