List:       sonar-user
Subject:    [sonar-user] Re: IT Testing code coverage with Jacoco
From:       ddewaele <ddewaele () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-12-31 16:04:08

Thanks for taking the time to reply....

The mvn clean verify sonar:sonar goals are called from test.integration.

The application tested (myApp) is made up of several JARs (other maven
projects).

The idea is get a consolidated view on the code coverage we get with our
integration tests on all these different maven projects.

Our integration tests target the myApp through its http endpoint, and as the
myApp is made up out of several different components (maven projects), it's
interesting to know how much coverage we get.

I managed to get the code coverage working by letting the JaCoCo agent dump
the classes (using the classdumpdir option) and using those dumped classes
for the report generation. When I used the classes from the app (myApp), the
report generation showed 0% coverage as it wasn't able to link the classes.

I'm not really sure howto interpret the following :

/The right way to do it is to run a Sonar analysis on myApp with the JaCoCo
report. /

If the myApp is an EAR file for example (assembled using maven), how would I
run a Sonar analysis on that maven project ?

Everything is built using Jenkins, where test.integration is a maven
project, myApp is a maven project, and all JARs included in myApp (code that
we want to see covered by the tests) are also individual maven projects.