List:       sonar-dev
Subject:    Re: [sonar-dev] Re: Mojo Bridge plugin
From:       "Lars K.W. Gohlke" <lkwg82 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2014-09-11 22:00:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Hi Julien,

I see. It makes sense!

Am 10.09.2014 um 09:59 schrieb Julien HENRY:> Hi Lars,

> What we are suggesting is a "reuse report" mode. It means it is the res=
ponsibility of the
> user to run the appropriate Maven command so that results are stored in=
 files. Later
> during SQ analysis content of files is read and issues/measures are cre=
ated. It was the
> same story for tests and coverage measure that were previously "execute=
d" by SQ itself.
> For example for JaCoCo plugin mvn sonar:sonar was previously running te=
sts and trying to
> configure JaCoCo automatically. Now we ask users to run first:
> mvn org.jacoco:jacoco-maven-plugin:prepare-agent clean install (produce=
 surefire and
> jacoco reports)
> and then
> mvn sonar:sonar (read surefire and jacoco reports)
>
> In your case it could be:
> mvn de.lgohlke.mojo:versions-maven-plugin:2.1.4:analyze
> and then
> mvn sonar:sonar
>
> This is a bit less "magic" but it allows to cleanup SQ dependency on Ma=
ven, and let users
> configure exactly what they need.
>
> ++
>
> Julien

2@gmx.de>>:

>     Hi Julien,
>
>     thx for your reply.
>
>     This means the strategy of sonarqube will deprecate and shutdown th=
is plugin.

>     I know the connection to maven is a limitation.
>
>     What are your suggestions? Have you any suggestions beside shutting=
 down?

>     There could be a new plugin analyzing package mgt configuration, fo=
r maven/grunt/... .

>     What about this way?
>
>     >From my point of view, plugin developer needs this feedback you ga=
ve, very early. Not
>     only
>     rejection but also correction.
>
>     Cheers Lars
>
>     Am 08.09.2014 um 11:00 schrieb Julien HENRY:
>     > Hi guys,
>     >
>     > I gave a quick look at the code and I'm sorry I would have to vot=
e -1 for the
following
>     > reasons:
>     >   - since SQ 4.2 we are going in the direction of having all file=
s indexed by the
core and
>     > not by plugins. Even if it may still work (for backward compatibi=
lity concerns)
component
>     > PomSourceImporter
>     >

<https://github.com/SonarCommunity/sonar-mojo-bridge/blob/master/src/main=
/java/de/lgohlke/sonar/PomSourceImporter.java>
>     > is a kind of abuse of the API. What would be better is to let cor=
e index (or not) the
>     > pom.xml and the Maven Bridge plugin should simply verify if pom.x=
ml is indexed or
not. If
>     > not indexed then no issue should be raised.
>     >   - since a few version we are trying to get rid of all Maven dep=
endency in SQ
core. It
>     > means having a SonarQube plugin that run a Maven plugin (using ) =
is not a good idea.
>     > MavenPluginHandlerwill be depecated in 4.5.
>     >   - MockSourceFile should only be used for testing purpose
>     >
(https://github.com/SonarCommunity/sonar-mojo-bridge/blob/master/src/main=
/java/de/lgohlke/sonar/maven/MavenBaseSensorNG.java#L119)
>     >
>     > ++
>     >
>     > Julien
>     >
>     > 2014-09-07 14:25 GMT+02:00 Johan Janssen <johanjanssen2001@gmail.=
com
<mailto:johanjanssen2001@gmail.com>
>     > <mailto:johanjanssen2001@gmail.com <mailto:johanjanssen2001@gmail=
=2Ecom>>>:
>     >
>     >     Hi all,
>     >
>     >     Are there any plugin committers interested in this plugin and=
 willing to vote?
>     >
>     >     Regards,
>     >     Johan
>     >
>     >
>     >     2014-09-01 9:04 GMT+02:00 Lars K.W. Gohlke <lkwg82@gmx.de <ma=
ilto:lkwg82@gmx.de>
>     <mailto:lkwg82@gmx.de <mailto:lkwg82@gmx.de>>>:
>     >
>     >         Hallo Johan,
>     >
>     >         yes it is possible to vote again. And if anybody likes to=
 commit it is open.
>     >
>     >         >Am 31.08.2014 um 14:55 schrieb Johan Janssen:> Hi all,
>     >         >
>     >         > I came across the Mojo Bridge plugin from Lars. It's re=
ally useful for
managing
>     >         your Maven
>     >         > configuration. I tested it with SonarQube 4.4 and it is=
 working
perfectly. I was
>     >         wondering
>     >         > why it was never released and than I saw it was one vot=
e short last
year. Is it

Mit freundlichen Gr=C3=BC=C3=9Fen
M.Sc. Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Lars K.W. Gohlke
mailto:lkwg82@gmx.de
Visit http://www.lgohlke.de

12.09.2014 00:00

["lkwg82.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]