List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: AW: TimeZones
From:       Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene () fucit ! org>
Date:       2024-05-17 17:45:41

> I feel so stupid right now, thank you so much! Of course this makes much
> more sense. Why should we want to have different Timezones for different
> facets. Hopefully I don't come across as being sarcastic, I really think
> that it makes more sense that it's a global modifier.

It's not just about the facets though -- it (and "NOW") have to uniformly
affect anywhere "date math" might be used (like in query parsers) across
the entire request.

> But I am not able to make it work when specifying all in the json body:

I do't really use the JSON query, but I know it only supports a very
limited set of top level keys (which are not always consistent with normal
request params because up is down and left is right and somebody just
felt like it)...

https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/query-guide/json-request-api.html#supported-properties-and-syntax

...the really important bit is the sentence below that table, and the curl
example...

"Parameters not specified in the table above can still be used in the main
body of JSON API requests, but they must be put within a params block as
shown in the example below."

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/