List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: Cancelling an Async operation - Shard split
From:       Gus Heck <gus.heck () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-09-28 16:24:25

Unless you are very experienced and comfortable with solr, do not edit
zookeeper nodes directly. Things you should touch generally have support in
bin/solr or other provided tools. If you edit the wrong things you can
cause all manner of chaos, and even completely ruin the entire cluster,
requiring everything to be rebuilt from scratch.

I've not tried to stop a shard split before so I don't know if there's a
good way to do that, but don't experiment with zookeeper (unless it's a
test system you don't care about)

-Gus

--
http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)