List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: Solr Synonyms list is not working
From:       Shawn Heisey <apache () elyograg ! org>
Date:       2021-10-28 19:35:57

On 10/27/21 5:59 AM, Lasith De Silva wrote:

> 3) This is the folder path that we use to update the Synonyms list
> Folder path: C:\SOLR\solr-8.4.0\server\solr\configsets\_default\conf4)

It is not very likely that changing that file will affect a running Solr
core even after a reload or restart.

I can see from the video that the server you're on is not in cloud mode,
so the config will not be in ZooKeeper.  I didn't hear any sound on the
video, so I am assuming there was none.

Unless you are utilizing the configsets feature, which most people don't
use in standalone mode, the active config for a core will be in
${instanceDir}/conf ... not under the configsets directory. You can
locate the instanceDir for a core by choosing the core in the dropdown
and going to the "Overview" section.  A core reload or server restart
will be required after editing the correct file.

Thanks,
Shawn