List:       solr-user
Subject:    RE: Use cases for the graph streams
From:       "Nightingale, Jonathan A (US)" <jonathan.nightingale () baesystems ! com>
Date:       2020-05-26 15:28:47

Without getting too in the weeks with our product, we have a bunch of solr records \
that represent entities and their relationships to other entities or files. For \
example a document may describe a bunch of people. We have entries for the people as \
well as the document. We also have entries that represent connections between these \
people based on things described in the document.

From those solr records we have a bunch of docIds as references in each record that \
lets us link them. We build a graph in a separate graph store so we can to traversal \
on it. We do semantic filtering like find people nodes that are related to people \
nodes described in this document. That relationship can be expanded to allow for \
greater walks on the graph, so find everything up to N steps from this person.

We also allow just viewing all nodes on the graph that are connected by N steps from \
a target node and allow the user to traverse that way to just explore the information \
as they then shift to another node and display the new subgraph from their new focus \
node.

So those are the kinds of things I was hoping to do with the gather nodes functions \
in solr but I couldn't find a simple way to do it.

Jonathan