List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: cursorMark / Deep Paging and SEO
From:       "alessandro.benedetti" <a.benedetti () sease ! io>
Date:       2017-06-30 16:10:49

Hi Jacques,
this should satisfy your curiosity [1].
The mark is telling you the relative position in the sorted set ( and it is
mandatory to use the uniqueKey as tie breaker).
If you change your index, the query using an old mark should still work (but
may potentially return different docuements if their sorting value changed)
I think it fits better in a sort of "infinite scrolling" approach.
If you want to just jump to page N , I think the old school paging is a
better fit ?
This is what i was quickly able to find at the moment, happy to hear more
opinions!

[1]
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/pagination-of-results.html#how-cursors-are-affected-by-index-updates

-----