List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: master slave replication taking time
From:       Erick Erickson <erickerickson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-06-29 17:45:06

So you say that master/slave replication takes up to 20 seconds but it
takes 8-10 minutes just to copy the entire index?

Solr is _already_ speeding up your copy enormously by just copying
changed segments. There's nothing magic you can do to make it faster.
And if your master happens to merge many segments into a large one
your replication will take up to the time it takes to copy your entire
index (8-10 minutes).

Going to SolrCloud would eliminate that kind of lag at the expense of
indexing on every node. Otherwise it's the best you can do.

Best,
Erick