List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: Indexing speed reduced significantly with OCR
From:       Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <edwinyeozl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-03-31 16:42:08

This is my comparison of the indexing speed with and without Tesseract OCR.
The smaller file is taking longer to index, probably because there are more
text to do the OCR, as compared to the bigger file, which has lesser text.
Is that usually the case?

*With Tesseract OCR*

174KB - 5.20 sec

446KB - 2.45 sec