List:       solr-user
Subject:    RE: SOLRCloud on 6.4 on Ubuntu
From:       "Pouliot, Scott" <Scott.Pouliot () peoplefluent ! com>
Date:       2017-02-24 17:15:04

I actually started out using 3.4.9, and a tutorial that was recent recommended using \
3.3.x instead since 3.4 "wasn't ready for production".  I'm fine with either really!  \
I did read that in production zk should utilize odd numbers of servers for sure.  \
1,3,5 etc etc etc for redundancy purposes for a chunk of your cloud doesn't go dead \
with your zk server.  3 servers provides better coverage since if one dies, you still \
have 66% of your cloud up etc etc etc.  I'm doing this setup in Azure more as a proof \
of concept and to figure out how in the world to get SOLR Cloud up and running \
reliably so we can talk about migrating over.

I've definitely read over the 2 links you shared, and while I understand them....the \
lightbulb still hasn't lit up yet in my head for that "ah ha!" moment.  ;-)

I plan to try and spin up some new VMs this weekend and start the process over again. \
It's gotta work one of these times!

Thanks for the info!