List:       solr-user
Subject:    Mass update/delete of field for multiple records
From:       Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <edwinyeozl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-07-31 9:24:14

Hi,

I'm using Solr 5.2.1, and I would like to do a mass update/delete of a
field with similar words in multiple records in the same collection.

For example, I would like to delete all the tags that starts with "test" in
the entire collection.

I tried using this query:
http://localhost:8983/edm/collection1/update?stream.body=

But this delete the entire records of those which contains tag that starts
with "test", and not just the value in the tag. Is there another way to do
this, which can preserve the record but just update/remove the tag?

Regards,
Edwin