List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: Offline Indexes Update to Shard
From:       Erick Erickson <erickerickson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-30 15:39:06

You can copy to the shards and use the mergindexes command, the
MapReduceIndexerTool follows that approach.

But really, what is the higher-level use-case you're trying to support?
This feels a little like an XY problem. You could do things like
1> index to a different collection then use collection aliasing to switch
2> just re-index to the current collection.
3> use the MapReduceIndexerTool (admittedly it needs Hadoop).

All in all, it feels like you're doing work you don't need to do. But
that's a guess since you haven't told us what the use-case is.

Best,
Erick