List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: How might one search for dupe IDs other than faceting on the ID field?
From:       Mikhail Khludnev <mkhludnev () griddynamics ! com>
Date:       2013-07-30 20:00:07

Dotan,

Could you please provide more line of the stack trace?
I have no idea why it made worse at 4.3. I know that 4.3 can use facets
backed on DocValues, which are modest for the heap. But from what I saw,
but can be wrong it's disabled from numeric facets. Hence, I can suggest to
reindex id as string docvalues and hope for them. However, it's doubtful to
reindex everything without strong guaranties.
Also, I checked source code of
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponentand found that it can be
really memory modest (ie without sort nor limit).
Be aware that df-s returned by that component are unaware of deleted
document, hence expungeDeletes before.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev