List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: How might one search for dupe IDs other than faceting on the ID field?
From:       Dotan Cohen <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-30 18:38:16

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Michael Della Bitta
<michael.della.bitta@appinions.com> wrote:
> Are you talking about the document's ID field?
>
> If so, you can't have duplicates... the latter document would overwrite the
> earlier.
>
> If not, sorry for asking irrelevant questions. :)

In Solr 4.1 we were using overwrite=false&allowDups=false in order to
discard the new document, not overwrite the extant document. We knew
at the time that the features were depreciated, and apparently
allowDups=false stopped working in 4.3. We are testing new solutions,
but we need to identify the dupes to get them out.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com