List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: How to improve the Solr "OR" query performance
From:       Kevin Osborn <kevin.osborn () cbsi ! com>
Date:       2013-07-03 16:07:18

Also, what is the total document count for your result set? We have an
application that is also very slow because it does a lot or OR queries. The
problem is that the result set is very large because of the ORs. Profiling
showed that Solr was spending the bulk of its time scoring the documents.

Also, instead of OR, you may want to look at dismax or edismax. For search
box type applications, OR is not really what you want. It just seems like
what you want.

-Kevin

--
*KEVIN OSBORN*