List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: How to improve the Solr "OR" query performance
From:       Raymond Wiker <rwiker () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-03 11:28:39

On Jul 3, 2013, at 05:48 , huasanyelao <huasanyelao@163.com> wrote:
> Nowdays, I've got a urgent task to improve the "OR" query performance with solr.
> I have deployed 9 shards with solr-cloud in two server(each server : 16 cores, 32G \
> RAM). The total document count: 60,000,000, total index size : 9G.
> According to the requirement, I have to use the "OR" query to get results.
> The average number of query terms is about 15.
> The response time for "OR" query is around 1-2seconds(the "AND" query is just about \
> 30ms-40ms ). Our target : promote 50%, that is, at most 500ms-1s per query.
> The document will soar to 80,000,000, however, the performance should keep in \
> 500ms-1s query. Any advise or approach is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you haven't already done so, you should take a look at what fields you need to \
return from your queries, and specify the set of fields in the "fl" parameter. I've \
seen some really bad response times in cases where large fields were being returned \
(e.g, the entire text content of the source document).