List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: SolrCloud as my primary data store
From:       Michael Sokolov <msokolov () safaribooksonline ! com>
Date:       2013-02-28 16:33:38

On 02/21/2013 12:02 AM, jimtronic wrote:
> Now that I've been running Solr Cloud for a couple months and gotten
> comfortable with it, I think it's time to revisit this subject.

> I'd really like to hear from someone who has made the leap.
>
> Cheers, Jim

We use Solr as our primary storage for XML documents for many customer
installs, and we're quite happy with performance, reliability, update
speed, and so on.  We don't handle inetractive updates from end users:
only batch updates from an upstream content authoring system of some
kind.  In this situation, we're quite content.  I looked at other NoSQL
db's, but couldn't find a compelling reason to switch, and some
disadvantages in some cases.

-Mike