List:       solr-user
Subject:    Sub entities
From:       Brian Lamb <brian.lamb () journalexperts ! com>
Date:       2011-02-28 20:52:28

Hi all,

I was able to get my dataimport to work correctly but I'm a little unclear
as to how the entity within an entity works in regards to search results.
When I do a search for all results, it seems only the outermost responses
are returned. For example, I have the following in my db config file:

<dataConfig>
  <dataSource type="JdbcDataSource" name="mystuff" batchSize="-1"
driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/db?characterEncoding=UTF8&amp;zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull"
user="user" password="password"/>
    <document>
      <entity name="animal" dataSource="mystuff" query="SELECT * FROM
animals">
        <field column="id" name="id" />
        <field column="type" name="type" />
        <field column="genus" name="genus" />

        <!-- Add in the species -->
        <entity name="specie_relations" dataSource="mystuff" query="SELECT
specie_id FROMspecie_relations WHERE animal_id=${animal.id}">
          <entity name="species" dataSource="mystuff" query="SELECT specie
FROM species WHERE id=${specie_relations.specie_id}">
            <field column="specie" name="specie" />
          </entity>
        </entity>
      </entity>
    </document>
  </dataSource>
</dataConfig>

However, specie never shows up in my search results:

<doc>
  <str name="type">Mammal</str>
  <str name="id">1</str>
  <str name="genus">Canis</str>
</doc>

I had hoped the results would include the species. Can it? If so, what is my
malfunction?