List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: Search for FirstName with first Char uppercase followed by * not giving result; getting result w
From:       Ahmet Arslan <iorixxx () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2011-01-31 15:42:54

> I had attached the Analysis report of the query George*

Attachment didn't arrive. But I think you are referring output of analysis.jsp.
It can be confusing because it does not do actual query parsing.
Instead you can look output of &debugQuery=on.

> When I indexed *George *it was also finally analyzed and
> stored as *george*

When you are using wildcard operator you need to think what is indexed.
In your case you need to pre-lowercase your query at client side.
Instead of &q=George* you need to use &q=george*

In other words index time analyzer is completely ignored with wildcard and fuzzy queries.