List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: match count per shard and across shards
From:       csj <christiansonnejensen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-30 22:43:39

Hi,

FYI:
I figured out a solution my self. I wanted a smart way to get the shard
count for a query (how many documents were found in each shard). The "smart"
consisted in having all these counts in just one query using faceting. I was
asking if Solr could help with this, e.g. had some smart info for shards, I
could facet out of the box. But apparently it does not.

But in my situation I can use my knowledge of how the shards are organised.
They are organised chronologically, and I happen to know the date
boundaries.

My solution is simply to facet those boundaries. In this way I can query
once and include all known shards and have their count for the search. This
may have a performance penalty, but it is at least for now a simple way.

Christian Sonne Jensen