List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: SOLR SpeelChecker and german Umlauts
From:       Michael Ludwig <mlu () as-guides ! com>
Date:       2009-06-30 15:38:55

Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH schrieb:
> When I am searching for ONE word with an german umlaut like
> "kräuterkeckse" (the right word is kräuterkekse) the spellchecker
> gives me two corrections :
>
> Spellcheck for kr = kren
> Spellcheck for uterkeksse = butterkekse
>
> WHY is SOLR break this ONE word apart ?

Moin Ralf,

please read the following threads to understand the issue. In short,
you need to specify your query in spellcheck.q as well.

Re: French and SpellingQueryConverter - Shalin Shekhar Mangar
http://markmail.org/message/k35r7qmpatjvllsc

SpellCheckComponent: queryAnalyzerFieldType - Michael Ludwig
http://markmail.org/thread/dgi4llhc7x5wuroc

(BTW, the patch in SOLR-1204 is ready but still awaiting clarification.
See comments from June 11 and 18.)

> My Config is :
>
> spellcheck = 'true';
> spellcheck.dictionary = 'jarowinkler'