List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: Chinese Language + Solr
From:       "j.L" <liuping.james () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-29 5:33:26

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Walter Underwood <wunderwood@netflix.com>
wrote:

> I've worked with the Basis products. Solid, good support.
> Last time I talked to them, they were working on hooking
> them into Lucene.

i don't know basis product. but i know google use it and in china,
google.cnnot better that baidu.
we always use baidu.com to search chinese information.

> For really good quality results from any of these, you need
> to add terms to the user dictionary of the segmenter. These
> may be local jargon, product names, personal names, place
> names, etc.

yes, i agree your point.

baidu's analyzer use this way which i learn from Internet.

> Baidu has different problems than the rest of us, because
> their code has to be scary fast. They might even trade
> lower quality for more speed.

Can u say it more?
I think baidu use more cache server and have effective cache strategy.

--
regards
j.L