List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: SolrDistribution is tested by FreeBSD?
From:       Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene () fucit ! org>
Date:       2006-12-24 1:36:03

: The scripts were written for bash (the first line is #!/bin/bash)
: Do you have bash on your system?  If not, consider installing it.

I just tried this out on the only FreeBSD system i have access to
(minotaur.apache.org) and found a few things...

1) /bin/bash doesn't exist
2) /bin/sh is true sh, not bash
3) bash is installed in /usr/local/bin/bash

...i'm not sure how standard these are among FreeBSD systems.

I also verified that rsyncd-enable and rsyncd-disable do work if you run
them explicitly through bash, but for some reason you must use the -u
option, and even then it logs a straing warning about scripts.conf...

hossman@minotaur$ bash solr/bin/rsyncd-enable -h
/home/hossman/tmp/apache-solr-1.1.0-incubating/example/solr/conf/scripts.conf:
l: command not found
solr/bin/rsyncd-enable: illegal option -- h
usage: rsyncd-enable [-u username] [-v]
       -u          specify user to sudo to before running script
       -v          increase verbosity
       -V          output debugging info

hossman@minotaur$ ls solr/logs/
hossman@minotaur$ bash solr/bin/rsyncd-enable
/home/hossman/tmp/apache-solr-1.1.0-incubating/example/solr/conf/scripts.conf: l: command not found
!udo: no passwd entry for
hossman@minotaur$ ls solr/logs/
hossman@minotaur$ bash solr/bin/rsyncd-enable -u hossman
/home/hossman/tmp/apache-solr-1.1.0-incubating/example/solr/conf/scripts.conf: l: command not found
hossman@minotaur$ ls solr/logs/
rsyncd-enabled  rsyncd.log

...so above and beyond the sh vs bash and patch issues .. there does seem
to be a compatibility issue.

-Hoss