List:       solr-user
Subject:    Re: Multiple indexes...
From:       "Bill Au" <bill.w.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-22 16:15:47

While it may be easier from a management perspective, there are also
disadvantages
with runnning multiple indices within a single appserver port:

- they are sharing the memory of a single JVM so the size of the cache has to
be smaller then running a singler instance per appserver instance

- a sinlge point of failure for all indices

Bill