[2006-07-15 14:06] WHIRLYCOTT said: | I need to have my search result relevance influenced by time. Older | things in my index are less relevant than newer things. I don't want | to do a strict sort by date. Is this supported somehow by using a | dismax request handler? Or if you have other hints, I'm eager to | know what they are. I've recently used solr's FunctionQuery to do just this with great success. Take a look at FunctionQuery and ReciprocalFloatFunction. If I have some time later today, I'll put together a simple example. cheers! Brent