List:       solr-dev
Subject:    Re: SOLR: Why do we have a CHANGES.txt/md to maintain?
From:       David Smiley <dsmiley () apache ! org>
Date:       2020-11-30 14:04:21

I get your point on different audiences... sometimes I peer-review us on
dubiously written CHANGES.txt entries to be more user friendly.  However,
this attention could and should be given to JIRA issue summaries as well.
We all benefit from that.  Also, for Solr in particular, the need for
examining CHANGES / JIRA is reduced because we have a solr-upgrade-notes.adoc
which is editorialized and covers just the important stuff; no minor
matters.  We link to this from release announcements.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley