List:       solid
Subject:    Solid Errors
From:       Dave Campbell <campbell () geospiza ! com>
Date:       2000-12-15 1:14:44

Hi;

We have a database running solid 3.00.051 on a redhat 6.2 linux system
.  We get the following unusual errors with some frequency in
solerr.out, and similar ones in solmsg.out:

SOLID internal error, please report the following information:
Assertion failure: file uti0vcmp.c, line 1086
Version: 03.00.0051
Operating system: Linux ix86 MT
Fatal system error, program aborted.

Version: 03.00.0051
Operating system: Linux ix86 MT
Message: Database file inconsistent, restore the database from backup.
(Error info: illegal index block type 244, addr 11964, routine
bnode_get, reachmode 0)

We run solid -x testindex and solid -x testblocks and everything checks
out ok.  The message reccomends rebuilding from the backup, but at this
point isn't it equally likely to be corrupted?  Does the fact that the
db checks say all is well mean that the database is in fact OK?  are
there other utilities that we could run to pinpoint the problem?