List:       solid
Subject:    Record locking
From:       Eduardo Soriano <e_soriano () dapsys ! ch>
Date:       1998-11-24 9:48:51

From time to time we obtain the following error code:

07:45:19 UtlActnSrv 29230 11714 4340139
         SQL Execution Error 10006 40001
         Statement:
           Update Vlm    set   Vlm_Ky = 3,         Vlm_CrntFrSz = 995539
where
            Vlm_Ky = 3

         Error:
           [Solid][SOLID ODBC Driver][SOLID Server]SOLID Database Error 10006:
Co
           ncurrency conflict, two transactions updated or deleted the same row

This mens two processes tried to update the same row.

At open time, we set the following option:

                SQLSetConnectOption (pxOmDv_Ss->phdbcSld,
				     SQL_AUTOCOMMIT,
				     SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_OFF);

               SQLSetConnectOption (pxOmDv_Ss->phdbcSld,
				    SQL_TXN_ISOLATION,
				    SQL_TXN_VERSIONING);

How can we solve this problem ?