List:       sogo-users
Subject:    Re: [SOGo] How to increase browser's session timeout for the SOGo web interface
From:       "Christian Mack" (christian.mack () uni-konstanz ! de) <users () sogo ! nu>
Date:       2019-03-25 17:07:39

Am 23.03.19 um 09:39 schrieb Waseem Massry (pagescene@gmail.com):
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed that logged in users to SOGo web interface are forcibly
> logged out after some time. How to increase that time that even if they
> close their web browsers and/or put the PC into sleep for a day or two they
> would be able to return to the web interface without the need to re-enter
> their passwords?
>
> I am using SOGo along with iRedMail on an Ubuntu 18.04 server.

You need to adjust the time in a cron job.
/etc/cron.d/sogo contains a line with
... /usr/sbin/sogo-tool expire-sessions ...
The value at the end is your session timout in minutes.
We have set it to 8 hours = 480 minutes.
Which means you have to click on any button in the webinterface within 8
hours in order to preserve your session another 8 hours.
This also means, when auto refresh is active, it will keep the session
valid indefinitely, when the browser is in foreground.
Typing into fields does not prevent your session from expiring!

But sometimes the browser deletes the session cookie on close or sleep.
Then you always loose the session.

Also be aware, that in another cron job in /etc/cron.daily/sogo you
clean up temporary files, used while editing new emails.
If they run to early, you could delete emails in an open session.
This only happens if you start editing an email, then let is sit there
in a valid session, till the cleaning job removes the temporary file.

Kind regards,
Christian Mack

--
Christian Mack
Universität Konstanz

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]