List:       sogo-users
Subject:    Re: [SOGo] Recommended setup?
From:       Kai-Uwe Rommel <Kai-Uwe.Rommel () ARS ! de>
Date:       2014-11-25 9:43:17

--=_alternative 00356648C1257D9B_=

users-request@sogo.nu wrote on 23.11.2014 17:53:28:

> As SOGo does not include any kind of user management, you need an
> existing user source that holds the user credentials (e.g., mail
> address, name, password). This could be either a MySQL/PostgreSQL
> Database or LDAP.
>
> Since you have a running Postfix + Dovecot setup you're probably
> having such a user source for virtual mail users already (Check your
> Postfix and Dovecot configuration). SOGo must be configured to use
> that existing user source for authentication. I suggest you use an

So far I had my server running with OS accounts only but have added
MySQL and configured vmail yesterday and moved the accounts into it.
Fortunately, no real user data in them, yet.
So I guess I can now try to add SOGo to it, finally.

Kai-Uwe Rommel

Kai-Uwe.Rommel@ARS.de
Telefon+Mobil +49 89 32468-120

ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH, http://www.ars.de
Ridlerstrasse 55, 80339 Muenchen, Deutschland

Application Development Services, Business Transformation Services, IT
Infrastruktur Services
Beratung und Vertrieb zu IBM Software, System x, POWER Systems, Storage
License Management Services, IBM Passport Advantage Lizenzierung

Handelsregister Muenchen, HRB 101829, USt-ID: DE 155 068 909
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michael Arbesmeier, Kai-Uwe Rommel, Roland Schock,
Joachim Gucker

--
users@sogo.nu
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists

&gt; <br>
&gt; As SOGo does not include any kind of user management, you need an
&gt; existing user source that holds the user credentials (e.g., mail <br>
&gt; address, name, password). This could be either a MySQL/PostgreSQL
&gt; Database or LDAP.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Since you have a running Postfix + Dovecot setup you're probably <br>
&gt; having such a user source for virtual mail users already (Check your<br>
&gt; Postfix and Dovecot configuration). SOGo must be configured to use
&gt; that existing user source for authentication. I suggest you use an
but have added</font></tt>
accounts into it. </font></tt>
Kai-Uwe Rommel<br>
Kai-Uwe.Rommel@ARS.de<br>
Telefon+Mobil +49 89 32468-120<br>
ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH, </font><a href=http://www.ars.de/><font size=2 \
Ridlerstrasse 55, 80339 Muenchen, Deutschland<br> <br>
Application Development Services, Business Transformation Services, IT
Infrastruktur Services<br>
Beratung und Vertrieb zu IBM Software, System x, POWER Systems, Storage<br>
License Management Services, IBM Passport Advantage Lizenzierung<br>
Handelsregister Muenchen, HRB 101829, USt-ID: DE 155 068 909<br>
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michael Arbesmeier, Kai-Uwe Rommel, Roland Schock, Joachim
Gucker<br>
--=_alternative 00356648C1257D9B_=--