List:       soekris-tech
Subject:    Re: [Soekris] Net6501 with a fan
From:       Karl Auerbach <karl () iwl ! com>
Date:       2011-11-06 20:10:43

By-the-way, I just noticed that on the standard case for the Net6501
that much of a fan's ability to move air would be blocked because there
are not enough rows of holes in the case.

On the case I have there are three rows of holes, which means that about
half of the fan area has no holes.

At least two more rows of holes would be needed (although those rows
only need to be next to the fan bracket.)

It would be useful if the case were drilled such that the area adjacent
to the fan had many more holes - in fact, because there is a lot of
metal between the holes, a more mesh-like array of openings would be better.

	--karl--