List:       soekris-tech
Subject:    Re: [Soekris] Debian install on 4801, eth0 won't work.
From:       Philip <subs () christiantena ! net>
Date:       2010-02-28 11:28:32

I have run x-apps and even entire desktops on some very low power PCs before with Debian before.
You don't need to install an x-server on the soekris.  You just run the application and export the
session over the network to an x-server running on a desktop machine.
Normally I do this by installing freenx or nomachine server which makes it easy to tunnel the X
session over ssh.
I then run the nomachine client on my desktop to display the window or the desktop.
Doing this you don't need to install an x-server at all on the soekris PC.

regards, Philip